Many courageous and successful women have been highlighted as a part of celebrating International Women’s Day, Friday, 8th March.
So, I thought it apt to write about remarkable women and look at what makes them stand out. I will highlight some amazing women I know, who are achieving greatness in their world.
As a coach, I have studied these women. I learned what makes them tick, what makes them happy, content, healthy, prosperous and fulfilled.
- Bronwyn doesn’t wear a mask. She strives to be real, raw and honest with herself and others.
- Maureen doesn’t focus on material possessions. She defines her happiness and success through the quality of her inner/spiritual life.
- Alison doesn’t seek comfort. She is always keen to learn and grow. She is also willing to step out and speak up.
- Karen doesn’t compare herself to others. She lives true to her values and follows her path.
- Lindsey doesn’t let herself off the hook. She sticks to her routine and is continuously creating new and better habits.
- Janet doesn’t give up, even when the going gets tough.
- Laura doesn’t seek perfection, just progress.
- Natalie doesn’t live in the future. She challenges herself to adopt mindfulness and live in the present.
- Annabelle doesn’t say yes to everything and everyone. She understands the necessity of self-interest and its difference from being selfish.
- Diane doesn’t take on other people’s BS and negative opinions. She respects that everyone is entitled to their view and knows that she doesn’t have to take it onboard.
- Hilda doesn’t hide her voice. She feels healthy and free to speak out when something doesn’t sit comfortably with her.
- Pamela doesn’t behave according to her feelings. She realises that an impulsive action can be self-sabotaging and hurt others.
- Yvonne doesn’t get in her own way. She doesn’t second guess herself, and she does what needs to be done.
- Shona doesn’t try to do it all alone. She seeks the help of a coach.
- Robyn doesn’t multi-task. She knows to focus on one task at a time and do it well until completion.
- Wendy doesn’t blame others. She accepts responsibility for her own life and situation.
- Margaret doesn’t play the victim. She has learned how to communicate effectively with others.
- Kate doesn’t indulge resentment. She knows not to expect more than people are capable of giving.
- Linda doesn’t do guilt. She understands that this would keep her stuck in the past.
- Validate yourself every day.
- Contribute to your local community.
- Adopt self-compassion and self-discipline.
- Avoid self-numbing with alcohol, TV, shopping, etc.…
- Be patient, persistent and pursue your true north.
- You have a choice, and you have a voice, use them both wisely.
Let us all be inspired by these successful women. If you know of any other women who needs support, share the link to this site.
Book a free 20 mins consultation call here and I promise to get back to you within 24 hours!