Mother’s Day offers us the opportunity to recognize, thank and show our appreciation and affection to our mums, mothers-in-law, grandmothers and other females who have had a positive impact in our life. There are many suggestions about what to buy your mum this Mother’s Day, everything from chocolate and flowers to jewellery and perfume.
Have you ever wondered what mums really want for Mother’s Day?
I asked some of the mums in my community what they would ‘really’ like for Mother’s Day and their responses made me smile, partly because they were said ‘tongue in cheek’ and partly because they were laced with ironic truth. Maybe you too can relate:
- A clean house – the family have made an effort to tidy up all their own mess
- Allowed to sleep until I wake up naturally, not breakfast in bed at 6am!
- A deep bath and time alone (mums with younger kids)
- Quality time playing a board game (mums with older kids)
- A hand-made card (mums with younger kids)
- A written letter (mums with older kids)
- Not having to cook anything all day
- Tell me how much you appreciate me
- Clean my car inside & out
- A good book or glossy magazine to devour
- Agree and tell me I’m right!
- A family photo where everyone looks happy to be there
- Watch a family movie together
- No arguments all day long
- A coach to support me with my dreams and goals
Most mums are actually easy to please. They just want to feel significant and receive a bit of recognition for all the hours of organizing, cleaning, cooking, working, driving and loving that they do unconditionally every day.
One resounding message I heard again and again was that mums would love a bit more support and acknowledgement as capable individuals who have dreams and goals of their own!
Many of these women are advisers, leaders and business owners. They contribute to their communities and families with no expectation of reward. So I have a gift for the ‘mum’ in your life.
I love empowering women to take control of their own life, build their confidence and enjoy the taste of success, so I’m offering a free strategy call for mums who are looking for personal or professional growth. Many want this but just don’t know where to start. So now she can book in a free strategy call with me and I will show her the way.
All you have to do is click this link and find a date and time that suits. https://annemckeown.com/contact/